Thursday 7 July 2011

Morning!

Morning!
What a nice way to start the day.
Yesterday was a pretty special day, as I got to spend a few hours with Jamie. He's a greenwood worker, who helps out at Clissett Wood (a famous place in the green wood working world). He needed a hand with something, and I was able to have a look at the workshop there. Wow. I had to apologise for saying wow so often, and Jamie seemed bemused at how amazing I found it!
Its a beautiful place, and I'm looking forward to returning at some point to do a course there. Jamie also offered to teach us some turning if we come back, so we're definitely planning to return (thoough Big One told us we were definately coming back anyway!).
The community here is lovely, but DH isn't ready for a community just yet, even if we did want to afford this place. I can see this as being a way to live a lot of our dream, but possibly only more likely if one of us wasn't fit and well enough to work on our own place.
Another opportunity has arisen unexpectedly for us- the cottage next door to my parents is going on the market. It doesn't fit into our long term plans, but could be interesting in the short term. My parents have added to the mix by offering to help us buy it, but I think that house (for us) would be ideal to rent rather than buy.
This has slowed us down on the caravan buying front, as we apparently would be house sitting rather than house sharing most of the time until after Christmas. That makes for a much shorter winter in a caravan....but we both still dislike packing up days.
So many ideas and opportunities, and that was just yesterday!
Today is packing up and moving on, so better get to it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to say it now - wow! ;-)

    Lovely pic at the top. Clissett Wood looks great. And [another] 'wow!' about the house opportunity.

    It's all happening, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete